Tuesday, December 31, 2013
New Year's Evil (USA, 1980)
Nine Things About the Movie New Year’s Evil
1. This little cult film is one of those good “bad” films.
2. It’s about how radio and television’s hottest Los Angeles rock hostess Blaze throws a New Year’s Eve punk rock party and invites callers to vote on the best New Wave rock song.
3. The first caller proposes that the best New Wave song is “We Don’t Need No Education.”
4. The next caller identifies himself as Mr. Evil and tells Blaze that he is going to kill someone each time an American time zone hits midnight.
5. The New Year’s Eve concert is full of fake teenagers in a fake mosh pit to a band called Shadow. They dance like zombies, so I guess that means they are full of fake drugs.
6. Across town, in an insane asylum, the inmates are watching the concert and dancing like they have Down’s Syndrome.
7. My favorite murder in the movie is when Mr. Evil suffocates a gal with a bag of weed.
8. Since the psychopath is only trying to kill one person an hour, it’s not the most suspenseful slasher flick ever made.
9. I think the movie was trying to make a statement that when women work, it effectively emasculates their husbands.