Thursday, June 19, 2014
ReGOREgitated Sacrifice (USA, 2008)
Nine Things about the Movie “ReGOREgitated Sacrifice” (USA, 2008)
1. The second in Lucifer Valentine’s “Vomit Gore Trilogy”, this is the sequel to “Slaughtered Vomit Dolls”. In case you needed one.
2. It’s made for a niche audience into extreme and violent fetishes, including vomit fetishes. It’s also made for people who want to learn how far they can push themselves into watching extreme fetishes.
3. As for the almost non-existent plot, it seems to be the continuation of the death of Angela Aberdeen, the sweet girl who was abducted and turned into a devil-worshipping, bulimic prostitute. But it also seems to be a bloodier and more traumatic remake of “Slaughtered Vomit Dolls”.
4. There’s a strange tribute to Kurt Cobain towards the end of movie.
5. The camera and audio work provide a slower, more methodical assault on the senses than the first film. This makes it simultaneously more interesting and more difficult to watch.
6. I wish I could dismiss the film as being a pretentious, boring piece of crap, like the “August Underground” series. But I can’t. There is something going on here that I can’t explain, but which is disturbingly compelling.
7. The depiction of the psychological outlook of the abducted girls being used as sex slaves is hauntingly authentic.
8. The sadism and sexual torture in this film are… noteworthy. There are things done in this movie that are so bizarre that you wouldn’t believe it even if I described them to you.
9. If you have the slightest question about whether you should see this movie, then you shouldn’t. You can’t unwatch this movie. It’s made by a psychologically unstable person for a psychologically unstable audience.