Sunday, December 29, 2013
I Spit On Your Grave 2 (USA, 2013)
Nine Things About the Movie I Spit On Your Grave 2
1. In 1978, the original, notorious film “I Spit On Your Grave” was released.
In 2010, a pointless remake was made.
2. In 2013, the director of the pointless remake made this even more pointless “sequel”.
Even as a sequel to a bad movie, this movie sucks.
3. It has nothing to do with either previous version of “I Spit On Your Grave”. It’s just more of the same.
4. It’s about a Missouri girl who moves to New York to become a model. She runs into some sleazy photographers who kidnap her and take her to Bulgaria for some unexplained reason. Then they rape and torture her, and leave her for dead.
5. She survives and lives in the sewers under a church instead of going to the American Embassy which is like a block away. When she’s insane enough, she puts on her crazy face and takes revenge on her captors in the most cruel ways she can think of. Then the movie ends.
6. It doesn’t say anything new. It’s tedious and boring and less creative than the first one. The acting is terrible. Even the gore is kind of stupid.
7. I suspect the script was a reject from “Hostel 4”. Seriously, does everyone in Eastern Europe participate in slavery and sex trafficking?
8. It was released in one movie theater for one week and made $809.
9. For hardcore horror fans that just like to keep up with the various genres, it’s slightly interesting from a filmmaking perspective. But anyone else should just spit on its grave and walk away.