Nine Things about the Movie General Orders No. 9
1. This mysterious, beautiful film is literally unlike anything I’ve ever seen before.
2. Full of ambiguous, almost archetypal images, it seems to have about as many interpretations as viewers. This guarantees that some people will find the movie boring.
3. It starts out like an experimental documentary about Georgia. But it’s not.
4. Then it seems like one of those “people are bad, nature is good” statements. But it’s not.
5. It’s a poem about change.
6. It’s a meditation on the order of things.
7. It’s a prayer of a broken person.
8. It’s a bitter acknowledgment of loss.
9. It’s a surrender.