Nine Things about the Movie We Are What We Are
1. The idea for this movie is pretty interesting, but it doesn’t play out quite as well as I hoped.
2. It’s about a family that stays close by performing cannibalistic rituals.
3. The movie starts out with the death of the father. Then the eldest son, Alfredo, decides he must take over as head of the household. He plans on proving his worth by finding the next human to bring home to eat.
4. The bulk of movie follows the escapades of Alfredo and his brother trying to capture various people to kill. They visit homeless kids, prostitutes, and gay bars. But their quest doesn’t work out quite as well as they planned.
5. There are a couple of cops that are trying to figure out who the family is, and catch them, so that they can be famous.
6. The family is so weird that it’s hard to really relate to anyone in the film. You watch the movie, but you don’t really feel it.
7. The biggest problems in the movie are the uneven acting, and the fact that some parts don’t really make sense. Characters seem to know where to go without being told, and they don’t always seem to have a reason for doing things.
8. There are some pretty violent and gory scenes. It is a cannibal movie, after all. But it’s not as gory as you might think. It could have been much worse.
9. The moral of the story seems to be, if you are going to kill and eat someone, get it right the first time. And don’t ever swallow a whole finger.